The Premier of PEI is a really busy guy, he has doubled the debt of the Province and how he sold his personal home without advertising or a real estate agent, well, we can only guess. Details of a private sale are not available and since Ghiz became Premier public accounts are all private too.
Suppose a few possible explanations;
1. An Asian fella roaming the neighbourhood of Brighton liked the Feng Shui of the home and stuffed a brown envelope full of money through the mail slot. It was to much to refuse and it was a cash offer, what can a guy do? Ghiz is a chatty fella and always connects with people on a very personal level.
2. He did not have anything to do with the sale as he let his wife handle it, he is so busy managing the Province. Loving couples often lean on one and other like this, often the women handle the cash if the fella has a gambling fixation.
3. Craig Mackie, the fired station manager of CBC, who became the director of the Newcomers Association (funded from PNP Slush), maybe interviews any prominent new arrivals and saw a chance to pay back the favour, since Ghiz hired him. All new arrivals are told the way it is and where to eat at Murphy Group and how to vote Liberal indeed. Prospects of opportunity are gleaned by the Liberal Machine.
4. Maybe he won a bunch of money gambling and Tim Banks had to give him his house, so he never sold the house but rents it or lends it out to newcomers recommended by Mackie.
5. A newcomer (from away naturally) misdialed the phone and called the Ghiz residence by mistake, when trying to call Century 21 (they feel bumped off a commission for some reason). Robert may have answered the phone and chatted his way to the sale of his house with a perfect stranger. Perfect Stranger in the equation some how for sure.
I suppose or supposition there may be a reasonable explanation which Robert is just to busy to offer and of course it is a private matter. We welcome any readers here to submit their own sense of the scenario.